Friday, August 7, 2015

Enthusiast in Life #2 - Friyay!

Yay, it's Friday! #Friyay #EnthusiastInLife

Like most people, during summertime, spring and fall, I love a cone with two (or more if you will) scoops of Italian ice-cream. I could have it every day and not get bored. For me an ice-cream cone represent a bright, warm, cosy and comfy day. It's the perfect comfort food. 
During winter-time I prefer having this feeling from drinking tea and eating homemade chocolate chip cookies, curled up in front of a fireplace reading a "good" book.. just sayin'. ;)

Around the corner from where I live there happens to be a shop where they sell the best Italian ice-cream in town. 
Fortunate for them.. not so fortunate for me. 

If it weren't for my renowned self-control I'd definitely gain a few pounds from March till November. Obviously, the fact that I usually don't get home before they close up has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this so called self-control... 

Self-controle or not the fact is that I can't have ice-cream everyday. But to fulfill my ever present urge for ice-cream I introduced "Friday's are for ice-cream!" into my calendar. Basically meaning that whatever happens on Friday's I get to eat an Italian ice-cream cone. 

So for the past few months a lot of my Friday's have passed by like this: 

06.30 AM - Wake up. Sort of..
06.35 AM - Wake up again.. Gotta love that second alarm. 
06.36 AM - Realize it's Friday. Yay! See where it comes from.. Friyay!
06.40 AM - Slowly getting up to get ready for work. 
07.00 AM - Rushing out the door to get on the 07.09 AM train to Utrecht
08.00 AM - 05.30 PM  At work! Doing stuff, definitely not thinking about ice-cream.
05.35 PM - Heading to the gym. You have to earn it!
06.00 PM - 06.30 PM Get my ass kicked during a 30 minute Les Mills GRIT Strength work-out.   Seriously, 30 minutes does the trick! 
06.35 PM - Head to the supermarket to buy healthy greens for dinner. 
07.35 PM - Walking home from the train station while passing the ice-cream shop!
07.45 PM - 21.00 PM - Make and eat healthy-greens dinner while watching a movie/series. Or just scroll through IG and get jealous of everyone else's meals...or ice-creams. 
21.00 PM - And then this happens.. Friyay!

Goodnight! X




No comments:

Post a Comment