Monday, August 3, 2015

Enthusiast in Life #1 - The Feeder

I love to bake. 

Cookies, scones, pies, cakes.. you name it and I've at least gave it a try baking it.
Besides baking I also love to eat cookies, scones, pies and cakes.. whenever, wherever! Especially when chocolate is involved.

The problem is that usually my baking isn't very healthy.. good, sometimes (being modest here ;)) very good, but not healthy. Ofcourse I could sub sugar for maple syrup or honey and use coconut oil instead of butter or whatever classifies as healthy baking, but it just doesn't do it for me. And I'm fine with that. The thing is though that eating all those bakings by myself wouldn't be the best idea, nor the most socially accepted. That's why I started sharing and dealing (sugar is an addictive drug!) my bakings. At the office, with friends, family and climbing buddies and a while ago even with a stranger through the Instagram (IG) #coffeecookieswap. I love it!

I get to bake and both me and the chosen ones (once again being modest ;)) get their sugar-rush. Also, homemade bakings make the perfect birthday/housewarming/cheer-up or thank-you gift! Cookies really do well being wrapped and send by mail :).

So be prepared, because I intend to bake a lot more. I recently discovered that there's no pictures of my specialties, soft-and-chewy chocolate chip cookies and apple pie (my mum's recipe!), on my IG account. Seriously, I need to get my game on!

Below some pictures of some of my, more or less, recent sweet tooth adventures.
Follow me on IG for baking-updates: Enthusiast in Life on IG or leave a comment if you want any of the recipes.

Don't be lukewarm!

Mont-Blanc cookies! Love doing the themed cookie.


It's bananas. #bananabread
Makes both breakfast, lunch and dinner. Works for me.
Recipe by the amazing Donal Shekan. 

Wrap it and mail it! Cookie-mail. #FromWhereIStand (plants should go on the ground when taking cookie-pictures.. obviously!)

#CoffeeCookieSwap or perhaps #TeaCookieSwap 

Speculaas! A Dutch specialty in late fall, but delicious all year round.

Tarte-Tatin. Caramel and pears. <3 And I just discovered a recipe for a super-chocolatey banana and malt version. Say no more. Who's in for dessert? #musttry #donnahay

Christmas time calls for cookies! Again the themed cookie does the trick. 

This doesn't look like much, but tasted amazing, a hidden gem. Vegan, GF chocolate honey comb. Oh my..In the back mince pies with homemade mince meat. #christmasdinneratwork

These cake-pops are just too adorable to eat. I made them as a thank-you gift for the hard working youth-soccer camp committee after a well organized 'Cowboy and Indian' themed soccer camp. 

These make the perfect housewarming gift. #lovetobake

Detoured to popsicles during summertime. These roasted-nectarine-coconut-cream ones make the perfect dessert after a BBQ with your besties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment