Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Master of Ceremonies and the Singelloop

One of my best friends is getting married in May 2016. Yay! They are the cutest couple I know and I couldn't be happier for them. On top of that they asked me, and one of the groom's closest friends, to be their Masters of Ceremonies (MoC). I'm so honored of their decision to have us in their wedding party. The bride-to-be has been nothing but a great friend to me and I'm so thankful there's something I can do for her in return.

We had our first MoC-meeting a few weeks ago and discussed their wishes for the big day. So much fun! Looking forward to help the bride out with decisions about decorations and just make their day as perfect as can be.



Today I was asked for my first official MoC-task; a visit to the venue! My friends chose a beautiful old convent  as the scenery for their wedding day with a beautiful little chapel, having three gorgeous stained glass windows, for the ceremony. I'm in awe! I can definitely see her walking down the aisle there.. almost made me cry already!
So happy I got to see the venue all set up, so I can really support the bride and groom in their decisions. There's a beautiful garden too, so various options for having dinner outside. <3 It so pretty!!

Also this little visit definitely contributed to the pre-wedding jollity, but made me a little nervous too.. I've never been a Master of Ceremonies and I do want this day to be perfect, for the bride and groom not having to worry about a thing! In a few weeks we're having our second MoC-meeting! Anyone got some advice on my tasks as a Master of Ceremonies? Would love to hear it!

After fulfilling my MoC-duties for the day I left the gorgeous scenery to go for a 10k run in Utrecht. Every year the organization whom serves the interest op patients with rheumatism organizes a sponsored run to collect fundings to improve patient care. Last year a number of colleagues participated in the run. This year only three of us could participate, but we had fun nonetheless.


Since those two colleagues are both super fast runners I was to start on my own. I was supposed to start in the group that would finish between 55 and 60 minutes, where I would have been super happy with 56 minutes on the clock at the finish. Somehow I ended up starting in the group that was supposed to finish between 50 and 55 minutes, resulting in me starting my run waaaaayyy toooo fast. At the fourth kilometer I was getting slightly discouraged, because I wasn't sure I could keep up with the pace, but I wouldn't want to forfeit or slow down either. #stubborn So I kept ploughing through and managed to finish in 53 minutes and 53 seconds, a new personal record! Needless to say I'm writing this in my PJ's, crawled up in a blanket on the couch, feeling tired and ready for bed a 9pm ^^. It was a good one!
Nevertheless it was a great test run for my second half marathon in 2 weeks, the DLL Marathon in Eindhoven. Will I see you there?

Goodnight Xo.

p.s. I baked this Torta di Risso, by a recipe from the British Larder yesterday and I very much enjoyed it as my dessert treat <3 Look at those marsala roasted figs :). Happy me!



No comments:

Post a Comment